CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Oct 4, 2011

Hard Work

Any of you that have been around Teegin know he has a love for baseball. For some reason for a while now has really wanted a wooden baseball bat. I think that is what Benny on "The Sandlot" , and all the pro players use.   They aren't the cheapest things, so I was not going to just buy him one.
     About two months ago we went to the store to get all his soccer gear; shin guards, cleats, and a ball. We were walking to the back of the store to pick out his cleats, and of course there on the front row of the aisle are wooden baseball bats. His eyes just lit up and he could not take his eyes off of them.   I thought he would have been excited about getting all his soccer gear, but he could careless. I practically had to drag him to the back of the store to try his cleats on.  He just kept begging and begging for one.  I was not giving in.
    So I made a deal with him. If he would do some work around the house, ad brush his teeth everyday. I would help him earn the money for it.  He was serious about this. We went home and picked up all the toys, vacuumed 3 rooms, and washed my some windows.  Over the course of about 2 months he has been doing chores, watering the garden, helping me pick the strawberries, and the tomatoes.  He has vacuumed several times, even mopped.  Finally after all his hard work it was time to go pick out his bat. He got all his cash, and shoved it on his pocket. When we got to the store he picked out his bat, and he got a ball too and walked up to the counter and put his wad of cash on the counter. The girl just laughed and thought he was so cute.    
    I have never seen him so excited about something, he was so proud.  So was I.

0 comments: